Linear Colour Workflow

Sometime late last year a friend working in a post production house brought my attention to the process of working in linear colour space. She was trying to learn all she could about it.

That sparked my interest as well. I understand the importance and the need to work with device independant colour space, but I've never attempted to incorporate that in my personal work.

So I did a bit of research and found the Vimeo links below.

Today Francis (a colleague in Double Negative) gave me another link related to linear workflow. I intend to read it soon. I'm posting it here so I don't forget the link :)

http://www.sjbrown.co.uk/2004/05/14/gamma-correct-rendering/


So here it is, an excellent 4-part explanation of linear workflow by Zeth Willie on Vimeo.com.


Maya/Mental Ray: Linear Workflow Part 1 from zeth willie on Vimeo.


Maya/Mental Ray: Linear Workflow Part 2 from zeth willie on Vimeo.


Maya/Mental Ray: Linear Workflow Part 3 from zeth willie on Vimeo.


Maya/Mental Ray: Linear Workflow Part 4 from zeth willie on Vimeo.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Maya UI Layout Example

Maya Expressions Part 02 - Conditional Statements

Jooble.org - A Jobs Platform for VFX Artists