Glowing Reflected in Maya

For the longest time I have not know that the "glow" effect in Maya could actually appear in reflections. Even in my headphone renders in the previous posts, I was using Maya Lambert and Blinn shaders even when I was rendering with Mental Ray.

Today I learnt that the glow can be reflected, to my great delight. Terry Marriot sitting in the same room as me, he showed me his project that involved using any Mental Ray shader, and it worked.

All you need to do is use a Mental Ray shader on your reflecting surface, and the glow will reflect correctly.
Glowing Torus (Lambert shader) reflected on a Plane (Blinn shader)

Glowing Torus (Lambert shader) reflected on a Plane (Mental Ray DGS shader)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Maya UI Layout Example

Maya Expressions Part 02 - Conditional Statements

Jooble.org - A Jobs Platform for VFX Artists