Maya Particles Initial State - Method 3 (Final)

Here's the final and cleanest method. Skeel showed me the solution the next day at work by pointing me to a new MEL-only command that has been made available since Maya 2009. Somehow this method did not turn up in any of my searches on the subject. I must therefore conclude that it has been overlooked.

All you need to do to reset the initial state now, is enter the MEL command:
clearParticleStartState <particleObjectName>

This immediately removes the particle cached initial state, and resets your particleIDs. This method completely removes the initial state. 

Here's the video to show it:

Comments

  1. This stuff is above my pay grade. Do you think you could help me out with a Maya particle issue? BTW. I'm a believer.

    http://area.autodesk.com/forum/autodesk-maya/autodesk-maya-2010/pp-object-on-curve-flow/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Maya UI Layout Example

Maya Expressions Part 02 - Conditional Statements

Jooble.org - A Jobs Platform for VFX Artists