K-Means Clustering in Maya (Python)


Watch this video on Vimeo instead.

In this video, I show the results of me implementing a k-means clustering algorithm coded in Python, inside Maya.

After having read about what the K-means clustering algorithm is, and how it works, I challenged myself to create a Python function to perform that, using primitive objects in Maya to represent data points and clusters centroids.

After I wrote the code, I discovered SciKit Learn python library also has a k-means algorithm. However, there is more satisfaction to be had by the fact that I managed to code it myself, rather than just using whatever has already been written out there.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Maya UI Layout Example

Maya Expressions Part 02 - Conditional Statements

Jooble.org - A Jobs Platform for VFX Artists