Exciting Things to Come

2 June 2011 Thursday

There was an announcement today that I would be one of 5 people from Double Negative Singapore that have been chosen to go over to Double Negative London for some creature fx / crowd simulation work. This would be a 3 months period for us to be working there.

A week before Bertrand (head of 3D) has asked how interested I would be, to go over. He also asked if I have done particles before. I told him I did. He also asked if I knew any form of scripting languages like MEL. I told him I know MEL and Python for maya, and beginning to tackle PyMel as well. That night I went and uploaded some personal tests I did on particles and fluids simulation. Those are the videos that I've put up a few posts ago

The next day gave Bertrand the links to my works to let him get a better understanding of the kinds of things I've been messing around with. At the same time, I asked him to give some comments on my work. 

So Thursday, Bertrand made the announcement that 5 of us would go over. These are YaoCheng (YC), Francis, Mengdi, Raymond, and myself. I was almost certain that Skeel would be going, but there was some effects tests that need doing over here in Singapore too, so he was requested to stay.

This would not be the first time I am going to London. I was there for a year, from 2007 to 2008. I stated that in my first post

So now there are some administrative things to be done, ironing out work visas and stuff. I am looking forward to the new roles I'll get to do. However, I regret to leave my wife behind in Singapore for 3 months. I'll think of a way to make it up to her :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Maya UI Layout Example

Maya Expressions Part 02 - Conditional Statements

Jooble.org - A Jobs Platform for VFX Artists